Diet is the most important part of gastritis therapy. Depending on some features of the disease, such as gastric acidity, as well as the presence of erosive, atrophic and other forms, the diet may vary relative to those that may or may not be included in the menu.
If a person eats something unbalanced, drinks alcohol occasionally, smokes, and is often subjected to severe stress, then he will inevitably develop a pathology such as gastritis. It is a disease that causes inflammation of the lining of the stomach due to the violation of its integrity. As a result, various unpleasant symptoms appear, the main of which is a sharp pain in the upper abdomen. In addition, bloating, belching, nausea and vomiting appear, appetite decreases or disappears altogether, which often leads to weight loss. Gastric gastritis comes in many forms, including the ability to cause an infectious environment, but in any case, a healthy diet is necessary for successful treatment. It is necessary not only to change the diet, to determine what to eat and what not to eat, but also to change the principles of nutrition, to turn it into a regime with a stable menu for the whole week, to divide the whole amount of food into 5-6 meals. With an exacerbation, the diet should be tightened, in addition, if gastritis is characterized by high or low acidity, there are some nuances.
What to do and not to do during gastritis?
The main differences in the diet will be determined by the acidity. What indicator is diagnosed in a particular patient, is determined during prior therapy.
For the most common acidity, three basic principles must be followed:
- Mechanical. It defines the ban on fried food, in addition, coarse fibers, such as bran bread, rutabagas, turnips, meatballs are not allowed.
- Chemical. It says that you should avoid products that promote the secretion of hydrochloric acid, which is required for the digestive process, such as soda, alcohol, citrus fruits. In addition, meat and fish-based concentrated rich broths are prohibited.
- Thermal. It usually consists of eating at an optimal temperature in the range of 16-55 degrees Celsius. If the food is hotter or colder, it causes irritation of the esophagus with gastritis, which increases the time of absorption of food and therefore increases the load on the stomach.
If the environment in the stomach is acidic, low-fat types of omelets or boiled boiled fish and meat, dairy products, eggs are suitable for eating. In addition, the diet includes peeled tomatoes, boiled pumpkin, potatoes, etc.
A low-acid gastritis diet includes foods that promote more enzymes that support digestion. For this, it is important to normalize the procedure of food consumption. This should be done slowly, it is important to take at least half a minute to chew a portion of the food, and the self-cooking process should last at least half an hour. The secretion of hydrochloric acid significantly improves the absorption of small amounts of carbonated mineral water, 200 ml of such water should be drunk before each meal. As the diet does not allow snacks, a variety of fruits and vegetables are allowed to be eaten immediately after the meal. Fruits and vegetables should be selected lightly according to the principle of absence of hard fibers. To further facilitate the digestive process, it is better to peel the fruit in advance and eat only the pulp.
Low acidity brings some comfort compared to high acidity. Small amounts of chocolate products, including rabbits and veal, light soups and broths, and tea fish, mushrooms, and lean meats may be acceptable. Milk products are allowed, but it is better to give it up.
What is not allowed?
If you have gastritis with any acidity, do not use:
- Chocolate products;
- Fried, spicy foods;
- Alcoholic beverages;
- Foods rich in vegetable or animal fats;
How to eat during exacerbation - menu of the week
In case of exacerbation, a concession should be made and the body should be fed to get all the necessary nutrients and trace elements, but the diet should be neutral, not irritating the mucous membranes and so strongly inflammatory. In this case, you need to help as much as possible to digest very quickly. To do this, try to grind all foods as much as possible and use only cooking or steaming for meals.
It is important not only to make the menu balanced and delicate, but also to follow it completely, to eat at a certain time every day. Intervals between doses should not exceed three hours, otherwise the stomach will empty and the complication will only intensify. It is impossible to deliver because it is full of stomach obstruction. In the evening, you should eat three to four hours before bedtime.
Strange, but it is advisable to spend the first day on an empty stomach during an outbreak. However, the stomach still needs to be filled. To do this, drink plenty of still water and a little brewed tea. Any liquid you drink should be warm. From the second day, liquid porridge is given the same mashed potatoes in water. In addition, boiled eggs, unscented soup on grated vegetables will be useful. With the exacerbation of gastritis, fat-rich foods should be completely eliminated from the diet, because they break down very slowly.
MON and Wednesday:
- Oatmeal and compote breakfast;
- You can have breakfast with steamed cheesecake for the second time;
- Lunch consists of mashed potatoes, vegetable soup with bread crumbs, boiled fish, compote;
- Afternoon snack - light tea biscuits;
- Dinner - pasta with lean meat, lightly steamed cutlets.
TUE, THU, SAT:
- Breakfast consists of baked apples, cheesecake and compote;
- The second time you need to have breakfast with a glass of jelly;
- You should eat with vegetable water, steamed fish, mineral water from gases;
- In the afternoon, it is allowed to have a snack with white bread croutons and sugar-free light teas;
- Curd cheese casserole and compote for dinner.
- Eggs should be boiled for 5-6 minutes for breakfast, washed down with compote;
- Eat tea and cheese cakes for the second breakfast;
- vegetable dish, grated potato soup, jelly;
- Afternoon snack - a glass of kefir with croutons;
- Dinner should be porridge cooked fish on the water.
Diet for Gastritis # 1
Diet # 1 looks pretty strict. However, the restoration of normal digestion and non-irritation of the gastric mucosa is very important for gastritis, or its use is mandatory if a person has an ulcer. This diet is prescribed at the end of the exacerbation of the disease. You can use cooking methods only for cooking, steaming, baking. It is extremely important to reduce the amount of salt consumed, because its presence adversely affects the condition of the inner surface of the stomach, in addition, salt slows down the excretion of water from the body.
Diet # 1 involves dividing the entire daily diet into small portions of five to six meals. The amount of calories consumed can not exceed 2000.
Among the main foods that should be included in diet 1 are:
- Vegetable soup. The vegetable base can be replaced with vermicelli or rice;
- Lean meat and fish without veins and other difficult-to-digest elements;
- Bread products should be eaten yesterday, dried and also eaten in the form of crackers.
You can eat moderate amounts of fermented dairy products, such as cottage cheese, cottage cheese, skim milk.
Not for diet # 1:
- rye bread;
- You will have to give up mushroom, meat-based soups - okroshka, borscht, cabbage soup;
- Smoked products;
- Fish and other canned food.
Diet for corrosive form
Gastritis is called erosive when the disease causes gastric erosion called ulcers. Ulcer is a more serious disease that can lead to very serious consequences, such as peritonitis, when wall erosion gradually leads to a perforation hole, resulting in the contents of the stomach entering the abdominal cavity. This condition is fraught with death without emergency surgical treatment.
Causes of erosion are the effects of substances or excessively acidic gastric juice, along with the effects of Helicobacter pylori infection. Thus, with erosive gastritis, proper nutrition is very important to slow down and reverse the process of ulcer formation.
If the patient has erosive gastritis, the basic principles of the diet:
- Foods consumed should minimize irritation of the stomach wall and prevent an increase in acidity;
- You should always eat liquid, hot, grated food. At the same time, the amount of fat and salt in the diet should be minimized;
- Give up bad habits, spices, soda;
- Vegetables should be cooked by heat treatment;
- Soups and cereals should be preferred in the meal.
If the patient has atrophic gastritis, diet and menu
Atrophic form is relatively difficult to diagnose because there are no symptoms in the early stages of the pathology. One of the symptoms of the disease is the presence of a very unpleasant odor, frying and belching after fat. In addition, the inevitable companions of atrophic gastritis are general weakness, broken legs and hair and skin problems.
Atrophic gastritis places severe limitations on the impossible list. Should be avoided in the diet:
- Black bread, baked cakes;
- smoked food;
- All kinds of mushrooms;
- Peas, beans;
- Canned foods;
- Untreated fruits and vegetables;
- soda, including mineral water;
Like other diets for gastritis, atrophic foods such as fried foods and smoking are strictly prohibited. Products can be boiled, steamed, baked to make them ready for use
It is important to eat during atrophic gastritis:
- Soups based on grated vegetables;
- Various cereals on the water;
- Very finely chopped boiled lean meat;
- Low-fat dairy products;
- Boiled eggs;
- Unleavened white bread, corn;
- Heat-treated fruits and vegetables;
- For sweets, you can entertain yourself with marmalade, jelly, foam.