Weight loss in vegetables is based on the consumption of low-calorie foods that can be eaten in large quantities. This nutritional system provides the body with essential vitamins, minerals and fiber. Vegetable diets vary in length and route. However, sitting for more than a month is not recommended - it can damage your health.
Principles of weight loss on vegetables
The diet is based on replacing high-calorie foods with low-energy foods. The diet of those who lose weight changes completely. Carbohydrates are replaced by sweet vegetables, and fats are replaced by high-fiber foods. This method of nutrition reduces weight and heals the body.
Losing weight fast with vegetables will not work. The result depends on a person's age, initial weight and level of physical activity. Affects the outcome and duration of the diet:
- 3 days - 1, 5-2 kg;
- 7 days - 3-5 kg;
- 14 days - 5-7 kg;
- 30 days - 7-10 kg.
According to the beneficial properties of vegetables, weight loss occurs:
- removal of excess fluid;
- loss of appetite;
- cleansing from toxins and toxins;
- burning body fat;
- acceleration of metabolism.
Vegetable diet rules
If you follow the rules of the diet, you will lose weight:
- Eat up to 1. 5 kilograms of vegetables a day. Half of this amount is consumed raw. Boil, simmer or cook the rest.
- If frozen or canned vegetables do not contain harmful food additives, add them to your diet.
- Control the energy value of your daily diet - 1200 kcal for women, 1800 kcal for men.
- Eat at the same time 4-5 times a day. Serving size - 250-300 g.
- Provide different diets - eat different vegetables.
- Use lemon juice, low-fat yogurt, apple cider vinegar or olive oil for salad dressings.
- Look at the level of water consumed - 8-10 glasses. Sugar-free green tea is allowed.
- Include low-fat dairy products in the diet twice a week - kefir, whey, yogurt, hard cheese.
- Exercise in the morning, walk more or run more.
- Replace table salt with sea salt.
- Try to go to bed before 11 p. m. Sleep should be 1/3 of the day.
- Avoid stress or anxiety to avoid the risk of falling.
Replace high-calorie foods with low-calorie foods
Many vegetables are natural fat burners. Eat fewer calories than your body uses to lose weight. At the same time, the amount of food does not decrease - you can eat more, but less calories. Dietary fiber and water in vegetables will prevent hunger until your next meal. A good solution is to cook your favorite foods with low calorie ingredients.
Think ahead about all the dishes that have different replacement options. This will make it easier to manage calories and prevent overeating. It is important to consume every diet product during the day that the food you eat will bring maximum benefits.
Breakfast should be nutritious - 300-400 kcal. If you have few calories in breakfast, you will not have enough energy until lunch. If you eat high-calorie food - a person will feel tired and digest foods with high energy value for a long time.
Nutritionist's recommendations for replacing high-calorie foods:
- Reduce the amount of oatmeal for breakfast by replacing half of the portion with tomatoes or cucumbers.
- Replace 1 egg with lettuce or spinach for breakfast.
- Eat 2 slices of cheese instead of 1, replace the second with mushrooms.
Lunch is 45% of daily calories. Diet change tips:
- Put sliced tomatoes or cucumbers in the sandwich instead of meat or cheese. This will reduce the calorie content of the meal and the amount of food will remain the same.
- Boil the soup with beans, carrots or broccoli. Replace vegetables with noodles and broth.
- Eat baked pumpkin or eggplant instead of half a serving of pasta.
Dinner is the easiest. Digestion should be easy while maintaining satiety until the morning. Tips for changing products:
- Instead of starchy potatoes, use asparagus and baked peppers as a side dish with meat.
- Prepare your menu in such a way that 60-70% of the portion is legumes and leafy vegetables.
- Eat 50 grams of spinach 2 hours before bedtime. It will reduce hunger and burn calories during sleep.
Vegetable dishes up to 100 calories
You can lose weight with snacks. It should consist of low-calorie vegetables:
- Olives- Contains iron & vitamin E to improve skin condition & prevent aging20 olives contain a total of 68 kcal, they saturate the culture well.
- Boiled soybeans- has an ideal balance between fats, carbohydrates and proteins. 50 g of young boiled beans contain 72 kcal. This amount is enough for an appetizing snack that will help you lose weight and prevent cardiovascular disease.
- Steamed broccoli- refers to low-calorie snacks - 27 kcal / 100 g. Sprinkle pepper over broccoli to enhance flavor.
- Baked bell pepper- is considered a dietary snack - 36 kcal / 100 g. Such a snack will eliminate the craving for sweets due to the presence of carbohydrates in pepper.
- Pumpkin puree- Suitable for snacks before lunch and in the afternoon. The food contains only 68 kcal / 200 grams.
- Tomato juice- refers to tasty, healthy snacks - 50 kcal per 1 cup. It is not recommended to add salt to the drink.
- Homemade popcorn- Made from corn with the addition of fried cheese. Calories per 100 g - 70 kcal.
The best vegetables to lose weight
Almost all vegetables help to lose weight. It all depends on the methods of preparation and consumption. The best diet vegetables:
- Cabbage- White, colored and broccoli help to lose weight. All types contain phytochemicals that eliminate body fat. Cauliflower eliminates bloating during a vegetable diet.
- Carrots- 1 medium root vegetable contains 17 kcal. Carrots speed up metabolism. Eat raw to cleanse the intestines of toxins.
- Cucumbers- consists of water, no fat and carbohydrates. The energy value of 100 g of vegetables is 13 kcal, which makes it ideal for weight loss.
- Celery- Different caloric content in the root - 70 kcal, in the leaves - 6 kcal. Celery juice mixed with apple juice cleanses the body of toxins if you drink it in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Mushrooms- It is better to use mushrooms for diet. Their caloric content depends on the method of eating. 100 g of boiled mushrooms - 54 kcal, cooked - 30 kcal, steamed - 27 kcal. Replace mushrooms with meat, eggs and cheese.
- Chile- activates fat metabolism, burns calories. There are only 8 calories in 1 bowl. Chili eliminates sweet and salty cravings. Regular use of pepper prevents diabetes and obesity.
- Lettuce leaves- contains only 15 kcal / 100 g. Add the leaves to the meat, then it will be easier to digest and fat will not accumulate in the stomach.
- Garlic- Accelerates metabolism and digestion. 1 clove contains 7 kcal. Add garlic to salads, cottage cheese or sandwiches.
- Pumpkin- Contains a lot of fiber that reduces appetite. 100 g of vegetables contain 15 kcal. Add raw pumpkin to salads and bake in the oven.
Prohibited foods in the diet
It is forbidden to use a strict vegetable to lose weight during the diet:
- flour products, except whole grain rye bread;
- fatty meat and fish;
- vegetable and animal oils - 2 tbsp. l. sunflower or olive oil;
- whole milk, cream, sour cream;
- fruits, sugar, honey, other sweets;
- fast food, canned food, pickles and smoked meats;
- mayonnaise, fatty sauces, starch;
- more than 5 g of salt per day;
- alcohol, baking soda, coffee, compotes, juices.
Benefits of eating vegetables
There are many benefits to losing weight with a vegetable diet:
- Ability to eat almost all vegetables. The diet only limits the consumption of potatoes and corn, because they are high in calories.
- Fiber composition. Greens and vegetables contain more than other products. Dietary fiber improves the functioning of the digestive system, speeds up metabolism and removes harmful substances.
- Create a different menu. Vegetables can be used to make delicious salads, soups, snacks and sandwiches.
- Consumption of large amounts of food. It is impossible to go hungry on a vegetable diet - you can eat a lot and often.
- Lack of carbohydrates. Vegetable salads and juices do not burden the liver, are easily digested and give strength.
- The fat content is minimal. Helps to lose weight, prevents the development of cardiovascular disease.
- Tyrosine deficiency. This amino acid causes the production of substances that increase blood pressure.
- Cancer prevention. Vegetables contain phytoestrogens and selenium, which prevent the development of malignant tumors.
The vegetable diet also has some drawbacks. Weight loss is associated with health risks:
- Malnutrition. Vegetables contain very little protein and fat, so the diet is prohibited for adolescents, pregnant and lactating women.
- Immunity problems. Long-term diets are not suitable for the elderly and those with weakened immune systems. Eating vegetables alone will not protect the body from infections and viruses.
- Indigestion. Raw vegetables are rough foods that cause bloating and intestinal disorders in people with gastrointestinal problems.
- Dietary change. A sharp change in diet can exacerbate chronic diseases.